The Current Generation of Leaders

winery workers

In 1970, aware that Maison Louis Jadot's future growth lay in its increasing role as owner-producer, Gagey engaged Jacques Lardière, a brilliant young enologist, as his assistant and eventual technical director. Lardière, now retired, is today acknowledged as one of Burgundy's finest winemakers, an artist with the reins of nature in one hand and those of technology in the other. In 1984, André Gagey's son, Pierre-Henry Gagey, joined the firm. He had a strong background in business administration and management, and an inherited knowledge of wines. In February of 1985, the négociant firm of Maison Louis Jadot was purchased by the owners of Kobrand Corporation, sole United States importer of Jadot Burgundies since 1945. In 1991, Pierre-Henry Gagey assumed the position of president, and in 2012 upon Lardière's retirement promoted Frederic Barnier to Technical Director.

THE JADOT PROPERTY

Maison Louis Jadot's headquarters are located in the heart of Beaune. The most beautiful of its three cellars, used for storage of older-vintage wines and for convivial gatherings, is situated in the Couvent des Jacobins, built in 1477 and once a convent of the patron Saint Dominique, founder of the Dominican order.